Meeniyan Art Gallery is inviting artists to submit works for Now in Gippsland, a photography exhibition to be held during September, 2018.
The exhibition is designed to show as social commentary, factors currently impacting Gippsland. For example:
- the drought in East Gippsland;
- energy production – Hazlewood, wind, other;
- water supply – dams, desal plant;
- tourism; climate change;
- the price of milk/dairy farming;
- community members – elderly/marginalised/alternative relationships;
- pollution of land and/or sea.
Now in Gippsland will be promoted on the Gallery website, DL cards, newsletters, Facebook, and Instagram.
The vision for the exhibition is to fill the main exhibition space with images mounted and surrounded by white, so that the exhibition will be a unified visual experience for the viewer.
Please submit an Expression of Interest in exhibiting via email, with an example photograph. Expressions of Interest due by Monday 18 June. 11 artists will be invited to exhibit, selected from expressions of interest. Selected artists will be notified on Tuesday 19 June. A registration / booking form and inventory form will be emailed to selected artists on Wednesday 20 June.
Email your expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest: Monday 18 June, submit via email, with example photograph,
Set Up / Install: Tuesday, August 28,
Exhibition Opening: Sunday, September 2,
Exhibition Close: Tuesday, October 2.
To ensure the exhibition is a success – visually and for sales, all photographs are to be ready for framing, i.e., the photographs are to be applied to coreboard or foamboard with white mat/mounting board around each image, so that each image is ready for framing by the purchaser. For example, an A4 image would have a 60ml mat frame.
- there is no limit to the size of the image;
- photographs to be taken in 2018 and not previously displayed at the Gallery;
- entry cost for 4 photographs = $60
- preferably each work to retail no more than $200, and the Gallery takes 30% of sales
- all photographs must be labelled on the back with the artist’s name, title of work, price, and phone number
- please provide a descriptive for each image – these will be printed, mounted and displayed underneath the label
- 11 artists will be selected to exhibit
Martin Curwain – Picture Framing, Printing & Photo Editing, Dumbalk, has agreed to present photographs for this exhibition at a special price – eg., an A4 image on coreboard with a 60ml white mat frame , with print supplied by post/per hand for $35. Print supplied by email – $45. Please contact Martin for prices of all other sizes.
Martin’s contact details:
Mobile: 0437 561 346 / Email: email@example.com
For a copy of this information in word format, please download here – Now in Gippsland
Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you.